Friday, July 12, 2013

WEEK 16 -- "BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN GIVEN MUCH"

WEEK 16 – “Because I Have Been Given Much”

Hello Dearest Family & Friends!

I am so grateful for your letters and photos! LOVE YOU! SO many beautiful smiles and so many awesome moments shared, thank you so much!! It was so great to see my friends photos too!

This week has been very successful. My companion and I are working hard and for the most part we are on the same page. My Spanish grows daily and I feel like we are really connecting with the ward. There are over 700 members here in La Paz, Uruguay, but not all are attending church. Part of our mission this week (and probably for a long time afterwards) will be to reactivate members. We are doing what we can to help them remember their true testimonies of Jesus Christ, to strengthen these testimonies, and to help them see what a difference it makes to attend and partake of the Sacrament and to enjoy the blessings of gospel. 

My companion, Hermana Calderon, is a good teacher and she has many strengths, and we are learning to work out our differences. Lately she has been letting my take the lead in our teachings & lessons! We have finally accepted that we are really quite different people in our personalities, but we can still learn things from one another. 

This scripture came to my mind a lot this week, "I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren" (Luke 22:32)

Each day I feel that I understand the vision of this mission more and I understand what I am supposed to be doing. By chance we went to the temple this week with our investigators. The mission President gave a great lesson about the temple and the plan of salvation. It was so wonderful to step onto the temple grounds. I was able to leave the burdens of the world behind, there were no temptations, and I felt whole and eternal. It was a wonderful feeling.

Afterwards I had the opportunity to converse with President Armstrong. We talked about the problems I was having with my companion. He gave me a whole new perspective. I even felt self-centered part way through our discussion and asked for his forgiveness for my short-sided views. Afterwards I talked and shared some things with a wonderful Hermana here in Uruguay, Hermana Marz. She commented to me about me being stronger and that is why I was given someone who needs my strength. That was also a new way of thinking about it and working through it.

Yaninia is progressing!!! Her baptism is this Friday!! She is getting baptized in our “zone wide baptism”. This is where all the missionaries gather with those who are ready for baptism and we all do a service together!! This time we have 18 who are ready! It will be a night to remember. I can hardly wait to see them ALL IN WHITE!!! :D How wonderful! The Lord is in this work!  I love it here in Uruguay!

Sincerely,
Hermana Kaitlyn Hansen


No comments:

Post a Comment