Friday, July 12, 2013

WEEK 12 -- LORD I BELIEVE

WEEK 12 – “Lord I Believe”

¡Hola Mi Increíble Familia y Amigos!

¿Como estan ustedes? Yo espero bien. Aquì en La Paz, Uruguay mucho sonrisas y amor para nos mismos. Esta semana ha estuve diferente para nosotros. Translation: How are you all doing? I hope fine. Here in La Paz, Uruguay we are getting lot of smiles and we love them. This week was different for us. We have been sick and well. Mom, lets just say I wish I could have called you for advice a few times :P. There were a few emotional problems that occurred yet all is good now. 

The reason I entitled my email to you all "Lord, I believe" is because this week I have been focusing on this talk by Jeffrey R. Holland (given in the 2013 April Conference). "Lord I believe, help thou my unbelief." First he states his strengths and then his weaknesses. This has been beautiful and rewarding to try and unwrap this concept in my brain. We first "hold the ground already won" and then "hold fast to what we already know and stand strong until additional knowledge comes".

For a while there I felt like I doubted in the Lord. I was putting my trust in myself, or perhaps accepting it was "too hard", and just going with yes was hard... I wasn’t sure what I was going to do about that. Then this week I experinced incredible things within myself as I have just prayed for help and prayed for faith. Or as Jeffery R. Holland says, "What was once a tiny seed of belief for me has grown into the tree of life, so if your faith is a little tested this or any season, I invite you to lean on mine(!) I know this work is God’s very truth, and I know that only at our peril would we allow doubt or devils to sway us form its paths. Hope on. Journey on. Honestly acknowledge your questions and your concerns, but first and forever fan the flames of your faith, because all things are possible to them that believe." 

This past week I had the wonderful opportunity to attend the “Oro Mission Reunion”. It was great to see everyone and great to have the chance to converse with some (sadly there was no time for all). It was amazing to actually be able to converse with them. I have two stories about this.

The first was in the ominbus (bus) ride over. It was 6:00 in the morning (normally we arise at 6:30... lol esta bien). And in the bus it was loud...there was awful (normal lol to some) music playing. I had made a choice a few days prior that I was not going to give into the temptaion of going with that kind of music any more or being drawn into it. I was done with letting other music come into my head. This was a huge test and I am glad I made a choice before this event occurred. I sat there with six other missionaries. I am not sure what they did for the 2 hour bus ride, but by the end I had gone through every possible thing I had memorized probably through out all those years of Seminary :P ;) lol. 

Such a feeling entered my heart. I felt the deep resonating power of "We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we Love him. We will stand as witnesses of [thee] at all times, in all things, in all places..." I think I may have repeated that one the most. I also felt strongly the wonderful power behind "we believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent... if there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy we seek after these things..." or the part that says "we believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things and hope to be able to endure all things." I felt like I was a little crazy standing there muttering to myself... lol yet I believed the Lord could help me if I did my part. I stated firmly in my mind and somewhat out loud, “Lord, I believe”. 

The second experience is when it came time to share experiences about the mission with other Oros (missionaries). The Lord has honestly been blessing me. In one of the Articles of Faith it says we believe in the interpretation of tongues..." and in Doctrine and Covenants 47 (I think), it states that to some it is given one gift and to some is given another…and to some it is given the gift of the interpretation of tongues. I have honestly experienced this kind of gift time and time again. I feel at times that I have around 95% ability-- THROUGH THE LORD --to understand what is going on around me.

As my peers speak and bare their testimonies of trials and hardships, I feel the spirit so strongly and the spirit was felt in Spanish! It was the coolest thing! By the time it was my turn (second to last) I was filled with such Love for my companions in the field that I asked the Lord to help me to please express it. He did. I was able to thank them and to express what experiences I had had. I testified that one of the greatest blessings here in the mission is the culture. The people here are ready for the gospel. This gospel changes lives. I know and I feel so honored to be here and help the Lord with this part of His vineyard that I am asked to tend for a season.

There is such power that comes from being around the other missionaries. I love the support and the Love I feel. The quest I have taken on now is, “Do I edify my companions” and “Do I try my best to live so that they feel my support and that they know I love them?” There are trials and there are problems, yet I know the Lord helps us and that if we are obedient and pray for strength the Lord will help us in the noble work. I know I am meant to be a missionary. The language comes stronger daily. Thank you for your prayers for your love and for all that you do. The Lord sees your good works!

This week we were sick. This was not a good experience. But, all is well now. I watched as we went from being exhausted, disconnected, and had awful spirit…to being happy, devoted, and cheerful. How did such a change occur? Well, we were paid a visit by President Armstrong, our mission president. We each received a blessing and I can tell you that I felt such a power come over our house, over my companions, and my heart. I know that priesthood power is real and it changes lives and heals--it changed mine. I hope to always desire to know what God desires me to know through one who is worthy.

I love you all! I care about you and know all is well!!
May God be with you!
Sincerely,
Hermana Hansen


No comments:

Post a Comment