Monday, September 2, 2013

WEEK 26 -- “Leonardo, Lamoni, Lightning, Laughter, & Lame Companions”

Hello Dearest Family & Friends,

Es un placer para mi hablar y escribir con ustedes hoy. Es un poco dificil para mi cambiar mi mente a ingles pero... :D yo puedo. It is a pleasure for me to speak and write with you today. It's a little hard for me to change my mind English but ... : D I can.

This past week has been full of such different types of trials. I am so grateful for the time I have been given to contemplate life, the reason I am in the mission, and learn to be more self-less in this divine work of the Lord.

I have seen miracles as I have devoted myself to the work. I feel much better than I have in a long time. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.

I experienced an amazing scriptural experience the other day! We were in the house of this unique lady, named Blanca. Up until last Saturday I didn’t know she had Alzheimers (the illness Zeke had). Many “choice” experiences occurred with her...Lol! Her son, however, is such a strong figure. He has so much knowledge and takes care of his mom in her old age and his name is Leonardo.

So we started a lesson with his mom Saturday night and we sang a hymn and then entered Leonardo. He immediately told us his experience with the missionaries... it was pretty negative, but we talked with him some more. I felt prompted to start talking to him about the pre-mortal world and to help him gain an eternal perspective. We talked about our purpose here on earth, the gifts God has given us, and how agency is such an important and huge part of why we are here. The spirit was so strong as I testified.

Leonardo openly admitted that he did not believe in God, only a grand spirit. Instantly a part of the scriptures entered my mind, Alma 22. This is when Aaron and his brethren are amongst the Nephites. Aaron is teaching the father of King Lamoni. This was seriously an incredible lesson. Everything that we had taught him so far was in correlation with this scriptural text. He believed in a great spirit, he believed in prophets of old and had read the Bible. He wants to believe and with what faith he has--he gave to us! I was amazed. We just changed up the names--I was Aaron, Leonardo was the king, and Hermana Pazmiño was Ammon! lol It was incredible how everything worked out! It was incredible to me how Leonardo felt the spirit of what we were sharing with him. I felt the words coming as we talked about the things of our heart.  The promise that we will not be confounded before men is a real promise!! 

He said we gave him a lot to think about and that he desires to know more. Near the end of the lesson I testified that no matter how far you think you are from the Savior, He will always take your hand and walk with you every step of the way. He will never leave your side. The spirit testified of this reality. I know this is true, that the Savior will walk every long, dusty, and perhaps difficult road because He cares for us. I know the Savior is my dearest friend and I know the Savior came to be with us as we taught Leonardo that day. 

"The difficult path you are called to bare may in fact be your only path to shine!"

The other night there was a huge rain storm!! It was amazingly strong. We thankfully were in our house. Yet water was leaking through the window. We have this storm protector curtain on the outer parts of our windows (we live in an apartment) and well me being supposedly "smart" Ha!Ha! NOT. Opened up my umbrella and was like “okay, I can handle a little rain and close the storm curtains at the same time”. I opened the window and it was like nothing I have ever experienced before. Haha! With my umbrella open I still faced this huge amount of rain!! Dad, it’s like that one time at 5th year girl’s camp when it rained.  It was JUST LIKE THAT! 

So I soon realized that it was way more than I could handle and I start screaming! Like a man scream...HaHa!  And all I can do is yell... I am in shock. My companion looks at me, like "what the--!!!! Are you Crazy!!!?? AHHH I need to help her!" So she ends up sticking her whole self out the window behind my umbrella and closing the storm curtains. Haha!!! We both shut the windows soaking wet and laughing so hard. I can honestly tell you it was HILARIOUS!! Lo Maximo!

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it is learning to dance in the Rain".

We had a short-plaza stay with us this past week, named Katherine. Corto plaza- is the equivalent of a “Mini-mission”. She has been a member of the church for only 4 months. The trials of the mission are really hard for converts... There are so many doctrinal questions and wow there is still a lot to learn, but SHE is incredible! The reason we have her is because Hermana Peterson has a hurt ankle and it is getting worse. She has been out for the whole change.... IT is really sad. Oh my dear companion! She might have to go home. The advice of Dr. Allen gave me before I left has been so great--stretch every day!! It really does make a difference. I have lost 14 pounds in the mission... it is weird. Yet is all good!

There are many stories I could share about drunk investigators, lesbians stocking us, and crazy moments of Spanish, but know it is all still good here mom. Don´t worry! We are being safe, learning SO many new things, and learning to be a light in the darkness!!! :D I truly believe that this mission is like Jonah and the Ninevehites... Haha! Not every one likes to be told to repent...yet just like Nineveh, all of YERBAL will be converted one day!! 

I LOVE THE OBRA MISIONAL! (Mission Work!!)
Love you guys,
Hermana Hansen


No comments:

Post a Comment