Wednesday, April 10, 2013

WEEK 4B 03-28-13



Here is the second letter. I have to admit that I forgot about how much these missionaries talk and lament about the boyfriends and girlfriends they left behind when leaving for their missions. I have been reminded here how grateful I am that Kaitlyn left without being attached to anyone in particular. It is good to hear she is staying positive and doing so well.
--Keisha

Hola Mi Familia y Mi Amigos!!!!

I love this quote! "What we are is more important than what we’ve been and what we can become is more important than what we are.” I feel grateful for this incredible opportunity to serve a mission. I just received a letter from my mission president and his wife. I am so excited to go there. I feel like their words of wisdom towards all of us “Montevideoians” is pure inspiration. I am glad time goes by quickly in the MTC because URUGUAY here I come!!

The other night there was this incredible storm! The sun was setting and the clouds were of all shades! The lightning in its exactness spread across the sky, electrifying in its magnificent glory! Honestly I have never seen anything like it before in my life. (Mosiah 4:9)

Throughout this week I have found that the Lord has blessed me in many ways. I am grateful for the past challenges I have had and for the chance I have to grow up in the church. I feel as though my love for the gospel is still growing, yet my roots are deep. There are pros and cons to this.

We discussed this week what our first experience was like in the temple. I was surprised to hear some of their interpretations. To me the temple was connecting and uplifting, taking me higher and solidifying me to the most inner part of my being. For some of them it was different, many obstacles for them to overcome mentally-- thinking that we were a cult or something. They all see the beauty and wisdom in it now, and for this I am grateful. The Lord helps us in our own time and in our own ways. 

The topic of boyfriends and girlfriends has come up. I had a feeling that this was going to happen. In my district 7 out of 10 have someone waiting, or someone they truly care about, back home. I listened as they talked about them and how they met. Some stories I heard the whole thing, other stories just bits and pieces. I found that after we talked about it my district was unified a little more, yet talking about home was hard. I feel like my companions especially got more saddened by this kind of conversation. They become more irritable and there was more "teasing" in the classrooms. The thing I hear the most about in my MTC room or in side conversations is about boys. When this happens I sing a hymn in my head and press onward. I care about guys, sure, yet honestly I am grateful the Lord has answered my prayers and made it so I am able to give 100% to the Lord and not have to think about, or to have my thoughts torn away from what I am doing, by having a boyfriend back home.

The Spanish language is coming!! I am really excited to see what incredible potential I can have with this language. My new Latina roommates are incredible! One is from Peru and the other from Colombia! They are such sweet girls and they only speak Spanish! It is day one with them and already I feel way more confident with the language than when I got here. "PRAY always, that you may come off a conqueror, yea that you may conquer Satan, and that you may escape the hands of the Servant of Satan that do uphold his work" (D&C 10:5). Satan wants you to be discouraged. He DOESN´T want you to succeed. Stand tall, "Be NOT afraid, for the LORD thy God is with thee, wither so ever thou goest." (Joshua 1:9)

"Honor the Sabbath day and keep it holy" (Exodus 20:8). I have found Sundays to be something that we mentally shift and change for. Every day we walk down the same halls and go to the same rooms, yet the mind set changes on the Sabbath day. It is an even higher way of feeling and thinking. It is turning yourselves more towards God. I am grateful to already have this understanding of the Sabbath. Make it a different day, set aside yourself and keep always a remembrance of the Lords atoning sacrifice. This day is a beautiful day, it is the Lords day.

In the scriptures it talks about how Peter returned to their nets after the death and resurrection of Christ. Then Jesus comes unto his beloved friend and companion Peter and says, “Do you love me? Then feed my sheep.” Three times he says this. I sincerely believe that the Lord knows Peter and his heart, like he knows me. He knows that by asking him 3 times that this will help him understand better.  There is no chastising, there is no contention--just pure love. We talked about how we sometimes return to old ways? Do we return and fish after having felt the love and joy that sharing the gospel brings. May we leave our nets straight way and follow our Beloved Savior and become as the Apostle Peter or Paul have. " I have fought a good fight."…and know that we have done all we can do. Repent and come unto Christ, knowing that he is the Way the Truth and the Light.

May God be with you my dear dear family and friends! I send my biggest hug, my warmest smile, and my kindest words!! The Lord has given us so much. Allow the Holy Ghost to live in you. We are all children of God, apart of him lives in each of us!  All my love!<3

Your Daughter, Friend, and Sister,
Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment