Sunday, May 27, 2012

Dreams

Lately I feel as if my idea of a dream is changing. That there is a lot more to a dream than just "a wish your heart makes" (Cinderella). That it is the idea that you can change. To take a leap of faith, to not just sit stagnate in your life because it make sense. But to grow, to express, to reach. I feel as if my idea of a dream has changed into reaching that complete me. It is like changing from being a caterpillar to a butterfly. It is up to me to make that choice. To choose to get into a "cocoon" of sorts, to not be content with the life you have, but with the life you could have if you left the light of the Lord shine in your life. In  2 Corinthians 4:6 it reads,

"For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of knowledge of the glory of God int he face of Jesus Christ."

I hope to one day be my "butterfly" self. To face a new way of thinking, of life, of  beauty, and letting my wings take flight. I hope to reach everything that God has in store for me, that he may shine the light through me. I came across this video the other day. I loved it. I have to remind myself that "what we are is more important than what we've been, and what we can become is more important than we are".

Please feel free to watch this video, its kinda long (22:00) so make time, it is inspirational!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p98KAEif3bI

No comments:

Post a Comment